This notice explains how and when Storyinsound.com collects personal information, what we do with it and your right to see or change it.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to let users of Storyinsound.com (the ‘site’) know when we collect personal information and what we do with it.
We do not use, share or transfer personal information in connection with the site except as set out in this notice, or as otherwise set out somewhere on the site (including in terms linking to the site).
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products;
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity;
- to provide services and products to you;
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose);
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you;
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary);
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
- for any other purpose authorised by you.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products;
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you;
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information);
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority);
- any other person authorised by the law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- any other person authorised by you.
We may transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation or acquisition.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
Embedded content from other websites
This website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Statistical information and cookies
Statistical information collected
We use Google Universal Analytics to collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information is aggregated and does not identify you personally. It includes:
- your IP address;
- the search terms you used;
- the pages you visited on our site and the links you clicked on;
- the date and time you visited the site;
- the referring site (if any) from which you clicked through to this site;
- your operating system, for example Windows, MacOS;
- the type of web browser you use, such as Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox;
- other things like your screen resolution and the language setting of your browser.
Use of statistical information
The statistical information referred to above can be viewed by site administrators and certain other Story in Sound staff. It may also be used by third parties for advertising and marketing purposes.